Computing Category

2026 WCQ: Kenneth Igboke Pledges to Represent Rangers and NPFL Well in Super Eagles


 


Rangers defender Kenneth Igboke has expressed his commitment to representing the Nigeria Premier Football League (NPFL) with pride in the Super Eagles. Head coach Finidi George recently gave Igboke his first call-up to the national team, as a replacement for injured Napoli striker Victor Osimhen.

 

Joining Olorunleke Ojo and Sodiq Ismail, Igboke is one of three local players in the 23-man squad for the 2026 FIFA World Cup qualifiers against South Africa and Benin Republic. Since breaking into Rangers’ first team last season, Igboke has been a consistent starter.

 

Expressing his gratitude, Igboke told Rangers media, "I am indeed delighted with this opportunity and promise to make the best use of it to ensure our country’s flag is hoisted at the next FIFA World Cup 2026. I feel so excited." 


He added, "I promise to be an excellent ambassador for Rangers International FC and the NPFL. I believe this experience will be valuable for me and other home-based players, paving the way for more local talents to be invited. With the support and prayers of my fans and club members, I will defend our nation admirably."

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.